Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Greenhouse Effect

Hey folks! I had an epiphany over the week-end; I’m a born again tree-hugger. NOT! However, I have been doing research on what I can do to be part of the solution. I’ve visited a couple websites, and I’ve channeled my focus towards learning about the greenhouse effects. I’ve learned that it is the warming that occurs when gases in the Earth’s atmosphere trap heat. Al Gore did explain it in his Award-winning Documentary An Inconvenient Truth, but it finally sunk in after I read the article on the National Geographic webpage entitled, “What is Global Warming”. The article mentioned that “scientists have known about the Greenhouse effect since 1824, when a scientist by the name of Joseph Fourier calculated that without an atmosphere the Earth would have been much colder”. There is however, a major change occurring in the atmosphere; scientists refer to it as “climate change” and indication of the depletion of the atmosphere due to the trapping of heat that otherwise would have been released had it not been for human behavior. Checkout the website at http://green.nationalgeographic.com/environment, and learn more about the issue.

No comments: