Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blog 7

This week I’ve been doing research on endangered species, and what I can do to help. Among the many endangered species on the planet, I’ve learned that New York State according to http://www.endangeredspecie.com/states/ny.htm , has 25 threatened and endangered species, which includes 19 animals and 6 plants. Before I started researching, I always thought that endangered species only included animals, but apparently plants are also on the list, and it is mostly due to human behaviors. Here is a list of things from http://www.endangeredspecie.com/Ways_To_Help.htm
“Encourage your family to take public transportation. Walk or ride bicycles rather than using the car.
Save energy by turning off lights, radios and the TV when you are not using them.
Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth and use water-saving devices on your toilet, taps and showerhead.
Ask your parents to buy products and food without packaging whenever possible. Take your own bag to the store. It will reduce the amount of garbage and waste your family produces.
Recycle your toys, books and games by donating them to a hospital, daycare, nursery school or children's charity.
Encourage your family to shop for organic fruits and vegetables”.
Although I’ve not been able to do everything on that list, I’ve tried the first three in order to be part of the solution, and hopefully someday I’ll be able to get more involved.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Hey thanks for this information i am going to try doing more of the things on that list . It really isnt easy. But hey great job at making a difference.

Utopia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Thank you for clearing things for me.